Ligon PTA

Ligon GT Magnet Middle School 2017-2018 PTA


Say goodbye to those weekly folders.

Here is how parents stay connected at Ligon . . .

  • Ligon e-News. During the school year, PTA will send a digest of announcements for parents to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe!
  • Ligon website. A feast of all things Ligon. Bookmark it and check it out regularly at Ligon Middle School. The calendar is regularly updated and is a great resource.
  • Bulletin Board. From high tech to low tech — PTA maintains a bulletin board that is outside the front office and is updated weekly.
  • The Student Directory is put together by the PTA. It is available online only. Due to privacy rules, you must provide your contact information in order to be included. Beginning in August, you can visit the PTA website (Ligon PTA) and follow the instructions. The process is quick, simple and can be done from any computer including those in the Ligon Media Center and in any public library.

. . . and how to keep tabs on what is happening in your child’s classes:

  • Student Agendas and Interim reports. Make sure your child has a student agenda/planner for recording all homework assignments, projects and tests. Agendas are available for purchase through the school. Teachers send home interim reports with detailed lists of assignments and grades in the middle of each quarter, which allows time for intervention (if needed) before report cards are issued.
  • Blackboard & Schoolnotes. Visit the staff directory on the Ligon website. There you can find links to blackboard or school notes websites that many teachers use to publish information for each of their classes.
  • PowerSchool A service of WCPSS designed to give students and parents at middle and high schools up-to-the-minute access to their electronic records, including schedules, attendance, and grades. Parents must complete a registration form and return it to the school to create an account. Detailed information will be available at Open House events and at other times in Student Services Office.